The Illinois Fire Service Institute Cornerstone Program supports fundamental and essential skills training for fire departments and mutual aid organizations throughout the state. The training is coordinated through seven IFSI Regional Representatives who work with local departments in determining specific training needs and scheduling relevant training opportunities. Funding for Cornerstone Program courses is supported through the Office of the Illinois State Fire Marshal so training is delivered at no cost to students or local fire departments.
Each year, IFSI delivers an average of 450+ courses to over 900 departments and serves over 11,000 students through the Cornerstone Program.
The goal of the Cornerstone Program is to provide basic training at the firefighter, vehicle operator, company officer, and chief officer levels at increments and locations convenient to students and fire department personnel. Regional Representatives work diligently to offer training to departments fiscally unable to participate in certification programs.
Departments interested in hosting a Cornerstone Program class should contact the appropriate Regional Representative to discuss specific training needs. Regional Representatives can customize course offerings and training schedules to support local departments.
IFSI will provide instructors, instructional services, training facilities (only if training is to be conducted at IFSI main facility), materials, and other required resources for this course.
1. Client acknowledges that all members participating in this training are in an on-duty status and covered by all applicable duty related benefits to include, but not limited to, Worker’s Compensation, medical/health insurance, death and/or injury, etc.
2. Client will be responsible for training facilities only if training is at client/host location.
3. Course cancelation requires written notification 4 weeks prior to the start of the course.
4. Client will provide a daily cleaned and disinfected class facility.
5. Client will provide a class area to facilitate approximately 28 sq. ft. of area per student to maintain social distance.
6. Client will provide hand sanitizer at the entrance of the facility and the entrance to the classroom.
7. Client will provide sanitizing wipes to facilitate classroom cleaning at the end of each day.
|East Central Illinois||