Illini Union Mezzanines
1401 W. Green Street
Urbana, IL 61801
This class is intended for groups affiliated with the University of Illinois and other groups in the greater Champaign-Urbana area. The purpose of this class in to provide a brief introduction to the skills of Hands-Only CPR, AED, & Bleeding Control Class and ensure students are comfortable using real-world equipment. This curriculum is designed by IEMS to represent the latest research. Although a national certification is not provided, a certificate of attendance can be provided at the request of the student.
According to the American Heart Association, approximately 475,000 Americans die from a cardiac arrest each year. CPR is the primary technique to help resuscitate and save a life after an individual progresses into Cardiac Arrest. Recent studies have shown the Hands Only CPR is just as effective in the first few minutes of care. With the number of AEDs and Bleeding Control Kits increasing across the university, the goal of this training is to get students comfortable with the equipment and initiating care.
Registration and Payment:
Registration: Organizations or departments interested in creating a group class must email firstname.lastname@example.org. After completion of a course agreement, a private class will be set up. Classes typically last ~1.75 hours.
Payment: The organization or department that sets up the class will be billed through their CFOPAL number for the whole group. The cost is $15/student. A minimum of 5 students is required to host a class.
If an individual in the group chooses to cancel his or her participation in the class, please have them email IEMS at email@example.com and let us know as soon as possible. We reserve the right to charge for those students if they do not notify us in writing at least 24 hours before the class begins. Exceptions to the 24 hour policy may be approved on a case by case basis by the Director of CPR Education.
COVID-19 Safety Notice:
All students and instructors will be required to:
- Wear a face-covering upon arrival at the class
- Maintain 6 feet distancing
- Screen themselves for symptoms and temperature and record their temperature
- STAY HOME and RESCHEDULE if experiencing any potential symptoms** of COVID-19 or had recent contact with an infected individual
How will the course be modified to ensure the safety of students?
- Each class will be capped to ensure enough space to socially distance in the classroom
- Each student will receive individual equipment and be offered a pair of disposable gloves if desired
- All equipment will be thoroughly decontaminated before and after each student